PokeAcell is a newly establish biotech company with a proprietary technology for personalized T-cell therapy preparing for phase I in melanoma. We are an experienced team of science and business leaders founding PokeAcell with the vision to provide curative treatment to late stage cancer patients, where no treatment is available today. Our T cell therapy hold the promise of curative treatment in Melanoma and Merkel Cell carcinoma – two of the most severe skin cancers today and with potential in several other indications.
We are seeking a lab based creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly experienced scientist with a proven background in development and validation of new immune- and cell-based assays.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and execute new cell based functional (potency) assays
- Develop and execute new characterization, release and stability assays
- Establish analytical development/QC labs within PokeAcell
- Validate and transfer functional assay to a QC environment, internal or with external partners
- Execute experimental plans, analyse experimental data, maintain experimental results in relevant databases
- Prepare, review and complete study reports and protocols/SOPs
In addition, you will shape PokeAcell together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge cell therapy company. The job is located in Copenhagen with some activities taking place at DTU in Lyngby.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Biochemistry or Bioanalytical chemistry and have at least 7 to 10 years of experience with immune- and cell assay development, qualification and validation in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
- Excellent lab-based scientist
- Possession of a deep technical expertise and hands-on knowledge in a range of in vitro skills that can be applied to cancer immunology research such as
- Common bioassay platforms (i.e. immunoassays, spectroscopy-based bioassays) and cutting-edge technologies
- Tissue culture techniques for cell-based immunoassays, experience working with human immune cells, ex vivo immunobiology techniques such as: complex multiparameter flow cytometry (including intracellular cytokine or multicolor cell surface staining)
- Ability to write and oversee protocol development
- Understanding and enthusiasm for tumor immunology and cancer therapies.
- Provide technical and operational expertise to stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality assays for data generation throughout project life
- Ability to trouble-shoot for assay optimization, characterization and validation.
- Data processing, statistical analysis and interpretation
Additional experience of value:
- Familiarity with risk assessments such as FMEA and designing, streamlining, and characterizing processes in the Quality by Design space
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Knowledge and experience with various HPLC/UPLC analytical techniques
- Working in a CMC setting, including writing procedures and development reports.
- Support technology transfer of optimized cell manufacturing processes to cGMP-compliant manufacturing facilities within the company or to CMOs
- Knowledge within regulatory requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of PokeAcell and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
Reach out to VP CMC and Supply Chain Development, Thomas Sandal at +45 2294 2918
Send your application via “apply job online” at Jobindex. We prefer applications before August 7th.
Only applications from applicants already eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.