Join our new biotech developing curative cell therapy to late stage cancer
Are you dreaming of shaping a new biotech company and developing curative treatment to cancer? Are you highly experienced in developing primary cell cultures from biotech or large pharma and want to use your capacity to catalyze a new cell therapy to cancer? – Then read on!
PokeAcell is a newly establish biotech company with a proprietary technology for personalized T-cell therapy preparing for phase I in melanoma. We are an experienced team of science and business leaders founding PokeAcell with the vision to provide curative treatment to late stage cancer patients, where no treatment is available today. Our T cell therapy hold the promise of curative treatment in Melanoma and Merkel Cell carcinoma – two of the most severe skin cancers today and with potential in several other indications.
The person will be responsible for optimization of T cell cultures in G-Rex culture systems at PokeAcell and support of process transfers to external CDMOs.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Design, perform and analyze experimental process development studies to support the development of the next generation cell therapy manufacturing process, e.g., media screen, feed optimization and stimulation regimes
- Develop and document cGMP-ready closed cell culture and harvest processes
- Support technology transfer to external manufacturing sites
- Support of regulatory submissions by authoring/reviewing study reports or CMC sections
- Provide technical and operational expertise to ensure the delivery of high-quality data generation throughout project life
In addition, you will shape PokeAcell together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge cell therapy company. The position is in Copenhagen with some activities taking place at DTU in Lyngby during the first year.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biology, medical biology or similar and have at least 5 to 10 years of experience with cell culture, preferably T cell culture. Preferably you have worked in, or in close collaboration with, a cGMP manufacturing unit.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
- Experience in T cell biology and cell culture processes
- Experience in state-of-the-art techniques for primary cell culture, cell analysis and related instrumentation
- Experience with Flow Cytometry
- cGMP experience or extensive knowledge thereof
- Ability to trouble-shoot for process optimization, characterization and validation.
- Excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
Additional experience of value:
- Familiarity with risk assessments such as FMEA and designing, streamlining, and characterizing processes in the Quality by Design space
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Technology transfer of optimized cell manufacturing processes to cGMP-compliant manufacturing facilities within the company or to CMOs
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of PokeAcell and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
Only applications from applicants already eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.