Pokeacell ApS Copenhagen
Join our new biotech developing curative cell therapy to late stage cancer
Are you dreaming of shaping a new biotech company and developing curative treatment to cancer? Are you highly experienced in developing protein expression and refolding processes from biotech or large pharma and want to use your capacity to catalyze a new cell therapy to cancer? – Then read on!
PokeAcell is a newly establish biotech company with a proprietary technology for personalized T-cell therapy preparing for phase I in melanoma. We are an experienced team of science and business leaders founding PokeAcell with the vision to provide curative treatment to late stage cancer patients, where no treatment is available today. Our T cell therapy hold the promise of curative treatment in Melanoma and Merkel Cell Carcinoma – two of the most severe skin cancers today and with potential in several other indications.
We are seeking an experienced scientist to drive development and production of MHCs (Major Histocompatibility Complex). You need to be independent, detail-oriented and still have the passion for being in the lab, as we are in startup mode. The person will be responsible for optimization and production of MHC molecules at PokeAcell. Hence, the candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly experienced scientist with a proven background in protein expression, refolding and purification of proteins.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Optimize the production process, from production strains to expression, refolding and purification
- Setup an MHC monomer production facility within PokeAcell
- Develop and optimize a cGMP-ready refolding and purification process, to ensure high yield and removal of process-related impurities, e.g., endotoxins
- Execute experimental plans, analyze experimental data, maintain experimental results in relevant databases
In addition, you will shape PokeAcell together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge cell therapy company. The position is located in Copenhagen, with additional activities taking place at DTU in Lyngby during the first year.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Biochemistry or Biochemical Engineering and have at least 5 to 10 years of experience from protein expression, refolding and purification. Preferably you have worked in, or in close collaboration with, a cGMP manufacturing unit.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Deep understanding of E.coli protein expression
- Molecular biology experience with focus on optimizing protein expression constructs and production strains
- Extensive experience in optimization of protein refolding processes
- Experience in protein purification using FPLC, HPLC and/or UPLC chromatography and UF/DF
- cGMP experience or extensive knowledge thereof with the ability to write and oversee batch record development
- Technical and operational expertise to ensure the delivery of high-quality MHC, data and statistical analysis and interpretation throughout project life
- Ability to trouble-shoot for process optimization, characterization, and validation.
Additional experience of value:
- Familiarity with risk assessments such as FMEA and designing, streamlining, and characterizing processes in the Quality by Design space
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Knowledge within regulatory requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of PokeAcell and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
Reach out to VP CMC and Supply Chain Development, Thomas Sandal at +45 2294 2918 or TS@pokeacell.com. We prefer applications before February 22nd via Jobindex.dk
Only applications from applicants already eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.