Join a new biotech developing curative cell therapy to late stage cancer
Are you dreaming of taking part in the shaping of a new biotech company and developing curative treatment to cancer? Are you highly experienced in protein conjugation, purification and protein stability strategies from biotech or large pharma and want to use your capacity to catalyze a new cell therapy to cancer? Then read on!
PokeAcell is a newly establish biotech company with a proprietary technology for personalized T-cell therapy preparing for a phase I trial in melanoma. We are an experienced team of science and business leaders that founded PokeAcell with the vision to provide curative treatment to late stage cancer patients, where no treatment is available today. Our T cell therapy hold the promise of curative treatment in Melanoma and Merkel Cell Carcinoma – two of the most severe skin cancers today and with potential in several other indications.
We are seeking an experienced scientist to drive our ImmPACT scaffold development. You need to be independent, detail-oriented and still have the passion for being in the lab, as we are in startup mode. You will be responsible for optimization and scale-up of ImmPACT scaffold cGMP assembly process. Hence, you must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and a highly experienced scientist with a proven background in development of downstream TFF purification processes, and with extensive knowledge in protein formulation, stability and characterization.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and optimize a cGMP ready assembly process of our ImmPACT scaffold, an artificial antigen presenting cell (aAPC)
- Stability evaluation of scaffold and scaffold intermediates
- Establish an inhouse cGMP facility for scaffold assembly
- Validate and transfer assembly processes to the GMP facility
- Execute experimental plans, analyze experimental data, and maintain experimental results in relevant databases
In addition, you will help shaping PokeAcell together with us, to establish a professional and cutting-edge cell therapy company. The position is located in Copenhagen, with some activities taking place at DTU in Lyngby.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Biochemistry or Biochemical Engineering and have at least 5 to 10 years of experience from downstream process and/or formulation development, protein conjugation and characterization, and from work in, or in close collaboration with, a cGMP manufacturing unit.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Deep understanding of small scale UF/DF filtration
- Extensive experience and understanding of protein stability and methods to improve stability of complex molecules
- Process validation and cGMP experience or extensive knowledge thereof
- Technical and operational expertise to ensure the delivery of high-quality data generation, statistical analysis and interpretation throughout project life
- Ability to trouble-shoot for assay optimization, characterization and validation.
- Ability to write and oversee protocol development
Additional experience of value:
- Familiarity with risk assessments such as FMEA and designing, streamlining, and characterizing processes in the Quality by Design space
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Knowledge within regulatory requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of PokeAcell and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
Reach out to VP CMC and Supply Chain Development, Thomas Sandal at +45 2294 2918 or TS@pokeacell.com. We prefer applications before February 22nd by clicking the link below.
Only applications from applicants already eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.