PokeAcell is an early stage biotech company with a proprietary technology for personalized T-cell therapy preparing for phase I clinical study. We are an experienced team of scientific and business leaders, founding PokeAcell with the vision to provide curative treatment to late-stage cancer patients, where no treatment is available today. Our T cell therapy hold the promise of curative treatment in Melanoma, Merkel Cell carcinoma and high mutational burden tumors targeting Neo antigens.
We are seeking an experienced scientist to drive process development and production of MHCs (Major Histocompatibility Complex), which is a core component in PokeAcells proprietary technology. The position is part of a larger clinical development project with multiple stakeholders, including Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The first year, process development will take place at DTU, where the process is anchored today and thereafter the process will be transferred to PokeAcell, where you will be responsible for establishing the internal manufacturing. Hence, you must be independent, detail-oriented and a highly experienced scientist with a proven background in protein expression, refolding and purification of proteins and a sustained passion for being in the lab.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Optimize the production process, from production strains to expression
- Optimize refolding and purification to ensure high yield and removal of process-related impurities, e.g. endotoxins
- Characterize and release the purified MHC monomers
- Facilitate transfer of the process to PokeAcell and establish a new MHC manufacturing setup within PokeAcell
- Execute experimental plans, analyze experimental data, maintain experimental results in relevant databases
- In addition, you will shape PokeAcell together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge cell therapy company. The position is located in Copenhagen, but during the first year most activities will be taking place at DTU in Lyngby
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Biochemistry or Biochemical Engineering and have at least 5 to 10 years of experience from protein expression, refolding and purification at 5L scale or more. Preferably you have worked in, or in close collaboration with, a cGMP manufacturing unit.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Deep understanding of E.coli protein expression
- Experience in protein purification using FPLC, HPLC and/or UPLC chromatography and UF/DF
- Especially experience with endotoxin removal maintaining a high purification yield
- Extensive experience in optimization of protein refolding processes
- Molecular biology experience with focus on optimizing protein expression constructs and production strains
- Good knowledge in protein characterization assays e.g. SDS PAGE, SEC-HPLC, protein functionality by flow cytometry.
- Technical and operational expertise to ensure the delivery of high-quality MHC, data and statistical analysis and interpretation throughout project life
- Ability to trouble-shoot for process optimization and protein characterization.
Additional experience of value:
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- As the process eventually will be scaled up, knowledge within regulatory requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) is an advantage.
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of PokeAcell and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
Reach out to CTO, Thomas Sandal at +45 2294 2918 or TS@pokeacell.com. We prefer applications before March 31st.
Only applications from applicants already eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.
Read more at www.pokeacell.com